We are in CAYO CUERVO and preparing our new years eve dinner and after that party???? HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody out there in the world!!!!!! the RATS
"Stahlratte" (fiete/berlin) wishes a happy new year to everybody....
since 5 days stahlratte is moored in cienfuegos and we are all just coming back from land-vacations. some of us went to havana and to pinar del rio, viñales and some to trinidad and we all had a super-nice time off the ship. tomorrow morning we are heading for jardines de la reina and cazo cuervo for the new years eve and hanging out some days with snorkeling and watersports....happz new year to everybody!!!!!!
we decide to leave Cayo Largo today because of the unfavourable weather forecast. gabi, ete and marie are on board and in total we are 8 peoples. lulu catched 2 fishes and ete prepare one for lunch. its a sunny day and we motoring to cienfuegos where we will probable arrive in the early morning. so long
here we are again in cuba. droped the anchor at 0930 this morning after 19 hours motorsailing. now we are waiting for the officials to come on board and give us clearance so we can freely move in cuba. we are in front of playa sirena wich is one of cubas most beautiful beaches. hasta pronto....
we just dropped anchor in spotts bay in the southcoast of grand caiman island. the winds shifted to NE and increased up to 25 knots during the night so we had no other option than to sail down here and see if we get some eastwinds these days to continue to cayo largo. now we are waiting for the officials for to get the paperwork done and to move on the island to see one of the most important financial centres of world.
day 2 on sea. its 7pm and we are still 280 nm away from cayo largo/cuba. the wind is strong about 25 knots but instead nw-erly like promised by all the weatherforecasts we have northerly winds and since two hours we had to start engine additionally to not drift too much otherwise we will miss cuba and even jamaica. but we still try to keep a normal life with having meals and all that but the crew is so small now we sometimes only meet when changing the helm-watch.
we left lighthousereef this morning at 10:00 with steady ESE winds 20knots
and sail northwards along the belizean and mexican coast untill winds
shift to NW tomorrow so we can head for cuba. lighthousereef was the most
amazing snorkel/divespot I have seen in all the years caribbean sailing.
so much beatiful and intact corrals and so much marinelife. we made
friends with ruth and karel from belgium wich know run a very beautifull
dive resort on long cay in lighthousereef (check huracandiving.com
for sure one day we have to come back to this spot, its amazing!!!!
in about 3 days we should be in cayo largo/cuba
since 2 days we are anchor in the lighthouse reef between halfmoon cay and long cay. the underwater world is really beautiful, between sand you will find a lot of corel heads and many fishes. today stefan and our guest scott leave our boat by boat to belize city. tomorrow we will start the journey to cuba/cayo largo and we expect good wind for sailing.
Leaving utila to belize, but first we have go back to roatan because there is no immigration in utila. Weatherforcast sounds not to bad so we will see.... .
Yesterday we arrived in utila after a spektakular sailingtrip. The max speed was 10 knots ! and the weather gave us everything from sun to rainfall. On the 6th we will depart to belize.